- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- Job seekers, surround yourselves with these 5 people
- LinkedIn status update etiquette. How often should you update?
- Create a kick-ass LinkedIn profile summary with these 4 elements
- 3 factors that motivate you in your job search
- Electronic business cards. How cool is that?
- Keywords are important to have on your résumé
- 5 reasons to tell your children you lost your job
- A little advice for my angry LinkedIn connection
- 7 ways to set yourself apart in the job search
- Are you really listening? 3 ways to improve your listening skills
Category Archives: Career Networking
And ways to make events easier. It never fails: When I mention that networking is the most effective way to look for work, my workshop attendees’ faces go blank. Their eyes are suddenly glued to the tables. Their bodies slump … Continue reading
Some job seekers see attending organized networking events as akin to meeting their future in-laws for the first time. For some it’s downright frightening; one job seeker told me she hyperventilates before she goes to an event. Wow. Perhaps you feel … Continue reading
When I made our town’s Little League All-Star team, I ran to my neighbor’s house where my father was helping him fix a lawnmower. I burst into the garage and told my father with pride that I’d made the team. Instead … Continue reading
I was invited by one of my customers to attend a networking event in the local area. Intrigued by what this networking group was all about, I agreed to take some time from the office and visit the group. They … Continue reading