- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- Are you really listening? 3 ways to improve your listening skills
- One of the most important people in the interview process
- 8 LinkedIn types that are hurting their brand
- Are you wasting your summer? 5 steps to landing your next job.
- 3 major Skype interview tips you must know
- 30,000 LinkedIn connections. Really?!
- 5 reasons job seekers dread networking events
- Introverts, speak up. Six tips on how to be heard
- 10 reasons why you’re not a fit for the job
- 10 common interview questions; the good, bad, and the ugly
Category Archives: Career Networking
And ways to make events easier. It never fails: When I mention that networking is the most effective way to look for work, my workshop attendees’ faces go blank. Their eyes are suddenly glued to the tables. Their bodies slump … Continue reading
Some job seekers see attending organized networking events as akin to meeting their future in-laws for the first time. For some it’s downright frightening; one job seeker told me she hyperventilates before she goes to an event. Wow. Perhaps you feel … Continue reading
When I made our town’s Little League All-Star team, I ran to my neighbor’s house where my father was helping him fix a lawnmower. I burst into the garage and told my father with pride that I’d made the team. Instead … Continue reading
I was invited by one of my customers to attend a networking event in the local area. Intrigued by what this networking group was all about, I agreed to take some time from the office and visit the group. They … Continue reading