- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- To lose a job: 7 things to do about it
- Job seekers, surround yourselves with these 5 people
- LinkedIn status update etiquette. How often should you update?
- Create a kick-ass LinkedIn profile summary with these 4 elements
- 3 factors that motivate you in your job search
- Electronic business cards. How cool is that?
- Keywords are important to have on your résumé
- 5 reasons to tell your children you lost your job
- A little advice for my angry LinkedIn connection
- 7 ways to set yourself apart in the job search
Category Archives: Résumé Writing
But don’t make it a dumping ground for keywords. I don’t believe a résumé’s greatest attribute is its layout. Don’t get me wrong, how your résumé is structured matters a great deal; but content is by far the most important … Continue reading
When I tell jobseekers they should tailor their résumés to every position, their eyes widen. Some protest that this is too much work and one or two even become angry and profusely refuse to put in this hard work. The reason I tell my … Continue reading
During a résumé critique one of my customers presented me with a résumé that was quite good. Could it have been better? Sure, but for starters it had the elements of a solid résumé—a branding headline; a short, yet, factual Performance Profile; … Continue reading
This year my son wanted a Christmas tree, despite the fact he’s allergic to them. I was game. Besides, we know this great tree farm that isn’t well known by other Christmas tree buyers. (You may skip this story and … Continue reading