- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- To lose a job: 7 things to do about it
- Job seekers, surround yourselves with these 5 people
- LinkedIn status update etiquette. How often should you update?
- Create a kick-ass LinkedIn profile summary with these 4 elements
- 3 factors that motivate you in your job search
- Electronic business cards. How cool is that?
- Keywords are important to have on your résumé
- 5 reasons to tell your children you lost your job
- A little advice for my angry LinkedIn connection
- 7 ways to set yourself apart in the job search
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Guest post from Dorothy Tannahill-Moran – Your Career Change Agent If you are pondering your career direction and how to get where you want to be, there are some simple steps you can take that will help you come up with … Continue reading
By Laura Smith-Proulx Worried that your resume won’t stand out for that perfect job when compared to hundreds of eager job hunters? One of the BEST ways to distinguish yourself is to measure and document your performance against that of peers (or previous incumbents). Competitive intelligence … Continue reading
Recently a former customer of mine told me the great news that he was offered an engineering position. He was extremely happy about getting the job and thought he’d enjoy working for the company, even though he never met anyone … Continue reading
While reading an article titled, “You are the Laziest Jobseeker Ever,” I felt sympathy for a recruiter who writes in near stream of consciousness describing lazy, apathetic jobseekers. From the sounds of it, she had certainly had enough of jobseekers … Continue reading