- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- LinkedIn status update etiquette. How often should you update?
- Create a kick-ass LinkedIn profile summary with these 4 elements
- 3 factors that motivate you in your job search
- Electronic business cards. How cool is that?
- Keywords are important to have on your résumé
- 5 reasons to tell your children you lost your job
- A little advice for my angry LinkedIn connection
- 7 ways to set yourself apart in the job search
- Are you really listening? 3 ways to improve your listening skills
- 6 ways to interact with one of the most important people in the interview process
Tag Archives: business networking
Recently I attended a networking event which left me with the feeling that I must have had the words, “Talk at me” written on my forehead. Not, “Listen to what I have to say. You may actually be interested.” In … Continue reading
When my colleagues are chatting away during lunch, I like to join their conversation which is usually about current affairs, television shows, or other topics extraverts seem to enjoy and master with ease. I do my best to break into their … Continue reading
I wrote this blog more than a year ago, but I continue to encounter people who haven’t mastered the art of listening. These people would prefer to talk over actively listening. The short anecdote below illustrates what I mean. I … Continue reading
I love reading articles on how to succeed in business because they speak to how to succeed at the job search. I can relate almost everything to the job search, but business is by far the easiest way for me … Continue reading