- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- 7 ways to set yourself apart in the job search
- Are you really listening? 3 ways to improve your listening skills
- One of the most important people in the interview process
- 8 LinkedIn types that are hurting their brand
- Are you wasting your summer? 5 steps to landing your next job.
- 3 major Skype interview tips you must know
- 30,000 LinkedIn connections. Really?!
- 5 reasons job seekers dread networking events
- Introverts, speak up. Six tips on how to be heard
- 10 reasons why you’re not a fit for the job
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Guest post from Martin Yate. Firing someone is the single most unpleasant responsibility a manager has, and never a decision that is made lightly. If you have been terminated, it is easy to point the finger of blame, but for … Continue reading
Some of my customers, not all, for the most part think recruiters—internal and third-party alike—are unfair and the reason for their failure to get a job. They think recruiters are only concerned with two things: 1) determining if my customers … Continue reading
On occasion I’ll write an entry about people who have landed. I sheepishly admit that what you read below was written 100% by one of my former customers, who acts as a LinkedIn profile sample for my LinkedIn workshops. Howie, a former … Continue reading
This article is in response to one written for BusinessInsider.com about the pitfalls of sending a handwritten thank you note after an interview. I see the author’s points of view, but I would do it differently. I also stress there … Continue reading