- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- Job seekers, surround yourselves with these 5 people
- LinkedIn status update etiquette. How often should you update?
- Create a kick-ass LinkedIn profile summary with these 4 elements
- 3 factors that motivate you in your job search
- Electronic business cards. How cool is that?
- Keywords are important to have on your résumé
- 5 reasons to tell your children you lost your job
- A little advice for my angry LinkedIn connection
- 7 ways to set yourself apart in the job search
- Are you really listening? 3 ways to improve your listening skills
Monthly Archives: September 2011
A recent report by the National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC) claims that volunteering can contribute to reducing unemployment rates. This study points to volunteering in the community and for nonprofit organizations and says this about volunteering: “Participation in civil society can … Continue reading
Before you say, “I’m tired of hearing about volunteering,” take time to read what I have to say. I’ve ignored newspaper articles on what’s happening in the labor market because, quite honestly, they depress me. But this morning I was drawn … Continue reading
Describing this thing called “personal branding” has been hard to nail down. As I lead workshops on career networking and ask my participants for their definition of personal branding, they come up with a plethora of answers. It’s not their fault, because I … Continue reading
The other day a job seeker named Bill came to my workshop carrying a newspaper article from the Boston Herald titled: “Be prepared for [the] unexpected at [the] job interview.” It’s not often someone brings in a newspaper article for … Continue reading