- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- To lose a job: 7 things to do about it
- Job seekers, surround yourselves with these 5 people
- LinkedIn status update etiquette. How often should you update?
- Create a kick-ass LinkedIn profile summary with these 4 elements
- 3 factors that motivate you in your job search
- Electronic business cards. How cool is that?
- Keywords are important to have on your résumé
- 5 reasons to tell your children you lost your job
- A little advice for my angry LinkedIn connection
- 7 ways to set yourself apart in the job search
Monthly Archives: June 2011
10,000 hours dedicated to your job search may be too much, but the time you put in will make a difference
If you think Bill Gates and the Beatles were successful because of their innate talent alone, Malcolm Gladwell offers another reason for their success, which he outlines in his book Outliers. Outliers are people who separate themselves from the “ordinary” … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal online, wsj.com gives some sound advice on writing a cover letter, How to Write a Cover Letter. Like any article, there are some points on which one agrees and disagrees. For example, wsj.com recommends that you … Continue reading
During the NBA Finals, I wrote with great anticipation about the Dallas Mavericks hopefully beating the Miami Heat. My son and I wanted the Mavs to beat the Heat because 1) they knocked our beloved Celtics out of the play-offs and 2) we despised … Continue reading