- Follow Things Career Related on WordPress.com
- Are you really listening? 3 ways to improve your listening skills
- One of the most important people in the interview process
- 8 LinkedIn types that are hurting their brand
- Are you wasting your summer? 5 steps to landing your next job.
- 3 major Skype interview tips you must know
- 30,000 LinkedIn connections. Really?!
- 5 reasons job seekers dread networking events
- Introverts, speak up. Six tips on how to be heard
- 10 reasons why you’re not a fit for the job
- 10 common interview questions; the good, bad, and the ugly
Monthly Archives: June 2011
10,000 hours dedicated to your job search may be too much, but the time you put in will make a difference
If you think Bill Gates and the Beatles were successful because of their innate talent alone, Malcolm Gladwell offers another reason for their success, which he outlines in his book Outliers. Outliers are people who separate themselves from the “ordinary” … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal online, wsj.com gives some sound advice on writing a cover letter, How to Write a Cover Letter. Like any article, there are some points on which one agrees and disagrees. For example, wsj.com recommends that you … Continue reading
During the NBA Finals, I wrote with great anticipation about the Dallas Mavericks hopefully beating the Miami Heat. My son and I wanted the Mavs to beat the Heat because 1) they knocked our beloved Celtics out of the play-offs and 2) we despised … Continue reading